2010年5月6日星期四

Most stylish women: Melissa Rein

Melissa Rein, 23, of Scottsdale

If it's new and it's hot, Rein has tried it. Whether she's getting dressed for work (she is public relations director for Rose & Allyn Public Relations in Scottsdale) or the weekends, she has an of-the-moment look that fashion editors everywhere would be proud of. Her weakness is super tall Christian Louboutin shoes.

Her style, in a word: Irreverent

Best fashion advice for women: Wear your fab clothes every day. Keeping your best clothes for parties is the same as leaving the plastic on your lampshades.

Best bargain find: I came across an amazing Marc Jacobs denim jacket with crazy, punky zippers at Last Chance about 5 years ago. It was a $795 jacket from the runway collection that was in a random bin for like $60. I've worn it every fall since.

Biggest splurge: New Christian Louboutin thigh-high Monica boots.

Shopping in the recession: I have made an effort to buy items that carry over into different seasons. Previously, I'd go into a season and buy up all of the top trends. Some would look dated after a while and end up in one of the mounting piles of clothes I have set aside to be stored, given away to friends or sent to resale shops.

Loving: Skyscraper heels, bodycon skirts and dresses, boyfriend blazers, black skintight denim, tough leather jackets, florals for all seasons, jewel tones, statement necklaces, exposed zippers, nudes, draping, studs.

Hating: Headbands - like the kind that go across your forehead. Neon, anything with garish logos, Ed Hardy, wide plastic belts.

Would swap closets with: Ashley Olsen or Olivia Palermo.

Favorite places to shop: Colette in Paris, Blue & Cream in New York, Fred Segal in L.A., Barneys New York, Scottsdale Jean Company.

Favorite places to splurge: Intermix, Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, preetylove.com, Opening Ceremony in LA.

Favorite places to bargain shop: Online sample sales - Gilt Groupe, Rue La La, Hautelook. Neiman Marcus Last Call, Norstrom Rack, Forever 21.

Pet peeve: Looking unkempt. I'm pretty OCD about always looking polished and pressed. I even keep a travel steamer in my car for touchups.

Never caught wearing: A jean skirt or white shoes.

Always wearing: Great shoes, a great bag and sunglasses.

Favorite designer: Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, Christophe DeCarnin for Balmain and Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga.

Style icon: Grace Jones

Go-to clothes: A short, futuristic black Zac Posen dress teamed with outrageous shoes always seems to do the trick for nights out. For work or day, I'll put on black skinny jeans, a gray Alexander Wang tank and a cashmere cardigan or button-up and Louboutins.

Go-to makeup: I couldn't live without Nars blush in Orgasm. I'm very ritualistic with beauty items - I've been using the same Chanel Vitalumiere foundation for about 10 years now. DiorShow mascara changed my life.

Won't leave home without: An eyelash curler. I have backups in my car and in my desk at work, just in case.

Feels glam in: Christian Louboutin shoes. They immediately vamp up any outfit. Nothing makes you walk taller than a gorgeous pair of 5- or 6-inch heels with a peek of red on the bottom.

Feels like herself in: Fun, whimsical florals or flouncy dresses or skirts. I feel liberated and youthful. I like the sexy, vampy look of a Herve Leger bandage dress. Part of the fun of dressing is acting the part of what you put on.

Relaxes in: Nike yoga pants and simple tanks from Target.

Won't ever get rid of: My handbag collection. I've got Chanel, Balenciaga, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Veneta - some are ratty and old, some have only been worn a couple times. But I love them all the same and can't imagine not having all of them.

Best beauty advice: Take care of your skin and hair above all else. Create a routine that works for your skin type and stick to it. You don't need to use the most expensive products to get ideal results. Wear lots of sunscreen. Pare down your hair and makeup routine as much as you can - fresh, healthy, natural skin and hair is always, always in.

Signature scent: Stella McCartney "Stella"

Wants to try: The "Dynasty" trend. I used to play dress up with my mom's party dresses as a kid and a lot of them seemed inspired by the TV show. I wish she would have saved some of that stuff! A few alterations and poof, a fab Dynasty-inspired wardrobe for me!

Buying for fall: Shredded leggings, Balmain-esque shoulders, tough leather jacket, velvet pieces, studded accessories, skintight J Brands, a lace blouse, short leather gloves, a camel coat, and more tissue-thin white tee shirts.

Style is: Finding your own inner-glamazon and wearing your heart on your very fabulous sleeve. To me, style is about the way you wear the clothes, not what they are or who makes them. It's about confidence in a look that's uniquely you.

没有评论:

发表评论